Become a Backend Developer at Factorial
We are looking for a backend developer who supports us at creating first-class, feature-rich experiences for our clients.
Factorial is a development studio based in Hamburg. Hand in hand with our clients we create complex web applications and custom tailored enterprise software. We appreciate the different backgrounds of our team members, value agile processes, believe in open communication and love quality code. We work in small, self-organizing teams of autonomous individuals.
We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our team on a permanent position.
You participate in projects based on Drupal and work as part of our development team to create websites and applications. Your job will include every step of the project: analysis and definition of requirements, creation of concepts for web apps and APIs as well as implementation.
- You have sound experience in the development of dynamic websites.
- You bring along good knowledge of PHP and HTML.
- You have worked with database systems and data structures.
- You have some experience with Drupal or Symfony.
- Your English is fluent as this is our working language.
- You’re a problem solver and able to work self dependent as well as in a team.
This would be great
- Version control with Git
- Practical knowledge in MySQL development as well as object-oriented programming in PHP
- Programming experience with frameworks such as Symfony or Zend as well as common markup languages
- Experience in DevOps tools, Fabric, Git, Selenium, Command line, Docker.
What we offer
- A great team and a pleasant work environment.
- Experienced colleagues and a culture of knowledge sharing.
- The possibility to use newest technology in real-world applications.
- A yearly educational budget at your own disposal.
- A centrally located office in the heart of Altona.
- Free drinks, organic fruit & a foosball table.
We value real-life, working code higher than academic titles. We appreciate logic thinking, the interest to learn new technologies and the motivation to be an active part of our growing team.
Please send your application with a short CV, links to work samples and your github profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.