Factorial is a development studio based in Hamburg. We create progressive digital solutions for international brands. We appreciate the different backgrounds of our team members, value agile processes, believe in open communication and love quality code. We work in small, self-organising teams of autonomous individuals.
- Ownership of frontend solutions in a multi-disciplinary product team.
- Collaboration, estimation and ideation with UX- and visual design.
- Conceptualisation, planning and implementation of frontend architectures.
- Implementation and optimisation of frontend web interfaces.
- API Integration from multiple services and state management.
- Writing of unit, integration and e2e tests.
- Presentation of shippable increments at periodic demo meetings.
- Participation in our agile and continuous improvement process.
- Evaluation and assessment of new frontend technology.
- Support and training of other frontend colleagues.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and become productive in various development environments.
- Proficiency in at least 1 major view library (We prefer Vue.js)
- Proficiency in at least 1 major state management library (We prefer vuex)
- Good communication skills in English (must) and German (can) .
Tools in use
The following is a list of technology that you will likely face on the job (in vague order of importance for it). We don’t expect a perfect match here.
- Development: git, Vue.js, Vuex, Vuetify, TypeScript, Vue NativeScript, REST, GraphQL, Jest, Cypress, TestCafe, Webpack, Docker, AWS.
- Design: PostCSS, SUIT CSS, Storybook, Invision, Zeplin, Sketch, Figma, Browserstack, Saucelabs.
- Collaboration: Jira, Confluence, AWS CodeCommit, GitLab, GitHub, Slack, Mattermost, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Hangouts, Zoom.
- A great team and a pleasant work environment.
- Experienced colleagues and a culture of knowledge sharing.
- The possibility to use newest technology in real-world applications.
- The possibility to contribute to open source projects.
- A good work-life-balance and optional home office days.
- A yearly educational budget at your own disposal.
- A centrally located office in the heart of Altona.
- Free drinks, organic fruit & a foosball table.
- Support in relocation & work permit process, if needed.
Please send your application with a short CV, links to work samples and your github profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value real-life, working code higher than academic titles.
Job location is either in our Hamburg office or remotely from Berlin. The position requires periodic agile meetings onsite in Hamburg.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Our Hiring process
- We screen your application and references.
- Video-Interview (1:1, max ~ 1h)
- Code Assignment (max ~ 1d)
- In-Person Interview (1 Team Lead + Dev Team)
ed.: 17.11: Added further details for tasks, profile and tools. ed.: 28.11: Added remote option from Berlin.