Factorial is a technology partner and develops sophisticated digital products. We have been working with local and international customers since 2015 and have been growing steadily ever since.
Our team consists of people with different backgrounds and career paths, united by curiosity and passion for technology and digital innovation. We live New Work, appreciate personal responsibility and flexibility.
We are looking for a Frontend Developer — UX Engineer (m/w/d) full time in Hamburg or remote.
You have a passion for design and code and you want to create consistent design systems in close cooperation with the creative unit of Factorial.
- You take ownership of frontend solutions in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- You implement user interfaces in websites and web applications.
- You transfer a design language into a living component library.
- You collaborate closely with UX and visual designers.
- You evaluate technical feasibility of user interface designs.
- You define data models together with backend developers.
- You test and document your code.
- You support your teammates and frontend colleagues.
- You present shipped increments at periodic demo meetings.
- You participate in our agile and continuous improvement process.
- At least 3 years of professional development experience in writing modern web UIs.
- Passion for templating, styling and an excellent user experience.
- Experience in structuring scalable CSS architectures.
- Experience in writing meaningful HTML semantics.
- Experience with UX design principles.
- Experience in writing cross-browser compatible code for production.
- Having an eye for design, accessibility and performance.
- Experience in structuring, writing and documenting component libraries.
- Solid understanding of native DOM scripting APIs.
- Accuracy and details in your engineering are important to you.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and become productive in various development environments.
- Good communication skills in English (must) and German (nice to have).
Would be terrific
- Hands-on experience in writing custom elements / web components.
- Experience in motion-design and animations.
- Experience in frontend tooling with webpack or rollup.
- Experience in working in agile processes such as SCRUM and Kanban.
Technologies and Tools you will be using
The following is a list of technology that you might face on the job (depends on the project). We don’t expect a perfect match here.
Also in Development: PostCSS, SUIT CSS, Tailwind, Handlebars, Web Components, Vue.js, Nuxt, REST, Jest, Cypress, BackstopJS, Pattern Lab, Storybook, Browserstack, Docker, Git
- Design: Invision, Zeplin, Sketch, Figma
- Collaboration: Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitHub, Mattermost, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Zoom, Microsoft Teams
What we offer you
- Extensive development possibilities in a fast-growing company
- Experienced colleagues and a culture of exchanging experience
- A great team and a pleasant working atmosphere
- An annual training budget at your own disposal
- Flexible time management
- A beautiful office with garden and roof terrace in the heart of Ottensen
- Very good coffee, various drinks, organic fruit & kicker
- A great cook who prepares lunch for us every 2 weeks.
You do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Please send your application including your aspired start date and salary expectations by email to our HR Manager Seda. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org. We value real-life, working code higher than academic titles.
Looking forward to hearing from you!